Parrish Medical Center ranked as Central Florida’s No. 1 hospital, America’s No. 5 independent public hospital, and in the top six percent of all U.S. hospitals. These rankings are based on data compiled by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on clinical care, the quality of the patient experience, and cost.
Our very mission speaks to our service-orientated culture. PMC’s mission is to provide healing experiences for everyone all the time.
From maintaining an A grade with LeapFrog for safety, to our excellent core measure results and our excellent HCAHPs rankings, we take every opportunity to listen to patients and families during the course of their healthcare journey.
- Our care teams ask patients and families a series of questions to get to know their patients better and documents that as part of the chart. We ask if they have a nickname they prefer, if they have a pet, a favorite food, or their favorite hobby, etc. This information is shared and used by the care team to personalize the hospital experience.
- Our care teams conducts regular bedside shift reports where patients and families are included in the patient’s care plan discussion.
- Nurses review orders and the plan of care with the patient/family on admission. Goals are set daily and the plan of care is reviewed with the patient/family along with new orders.
- The plan of care is individualized according to the patient’s medical and age-specific needs.
- Physicians round every day and there is opportunity to ask questions.
- As part of our Ask Me 3 initiative, every room is stocked with thought-provoking questions and notepads to help facilitate caregiver communication.