How does PMC compare with other local hospitals?
Health care is a calling—it is a calling to serve. Unlike any other profession, we are invited to share in the most profound moments in people's lives. That's why we—your Parrish Medical Center care partners—promise to provide healing experiences for everyone all the time®.
PMC earns fifth straight “A” Hospital Safety Rating from The Leapfrog Group in May 2014. Only 149 hospitals across the country, and 19 in Florida, including PMC, have received “A” grades in all five reports released by Leapfrog since spring 2012. PMC is the only Brevard County hospital to have earned five “A” ratings.
PMC rated #1 safest hospital in Florida by Consumer Reports.This annual report is based on Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services data related to preventing infections, mortality rates, communication with patients, readmission rates, and overuse of imaging. PMC’s score of 68 (out of 100) makes it the top rated hospital in Florida. The top hospital in the US this year had a score of 78.
PMC Clinical Laboratory was accredited for another two years by the College of American Pathologists. The CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program helps to improve patient safety by advancing the quality of pathology and laboratory services through education, standard setting, and ensuring laboratories meet or exceed regulatory requirements worldwide.
PMC Transfusion Services was accredited for another two years by AABB. AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions involved in the field of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. PMC’s participation in the AABB assessment represents a strong commitment to quality outcomes and patient safety.
Four disease-specific certification gold seals. Parrish Medical Center has been awarded four disease-specific certification gold seals from the Joint Commission in acute coronary syndrome, breast cancer, heart failure and stroke.
PMC receives ‘A’ grade in patient safety from the Leapfrog Group. Parrish Medical Center earned another “A” rating in the Leapfrog Group Hospital Safety Report in May 2013. In Florida, just 62 hospitals, or fewer than 40 percent, received “A” ratings. More than 2,600 hospitals in the U.S. were rated. The Leapfrog Group is an independent, national not-for-profit organization founded more than a decade ago by the nation’s leading employers and private healthcare experts.
Women’s Choice Award® distinguishing PMC as one of the 2013 America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Orthopedics. The award is based on robust criteria that include female patient satisfaction measurements as well as clinical excellence considerations. WomenCertified awards products and services based on the collective recommendations of women and serves to empower women to make smart healthcare choices.
PMC is one of only 10 hospitals nationwide to earn AAHCP’s “Hospital of Choice” Award. It marks the second time AAHCP has recognized PMC for this honor. PMC earned this recognition in 2009 and again in 2012. Winning hospitals are selected based on a secret review of a facility's performance in customer service, public communication and good citizenship. AAHCP evaluates approximately 400 hospitals around the nation each quarter for consideration of this award. 2012/2013 Healthgrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award. PMC is rated among the top 10% in the nation for excellence in cardiac care according to Healthgrades.com, the nation's leading independent healthcare ratings organization.
2012 Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™. Parrish Medical Center is among the best 10% of hospitals. HealthGrades 2012 Trends in Women’s Health in American Hospitals Report finds that collectively, from 2008–2010, if all hospitals in America performed at 5-star quality women would have had nearly 32,000 fewer gynecologic surgery complications. Only hospital in Brevard County to earn award.
- PMC named a HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence™ Second year in a row. Distinction based on PMC rank in the top five percent in the nation in clinical quality based on a new HealthGrades study, which analyzed patient outcomes at each of the nation’s 5,000 nonfederal hospitals over the years 2007, 2008 and 2009.
- Non-Profit Business of the Year from Andrew Jackson Middle School for PMC’s support and partnership of the school’s J.U.M.P. program—Jackson’s Ultimate Mentoring Program. PMC supports the J.U.M.P. program with a financial contribution and annual Career Day event.
Peripheral Arterial Disease Coalition’s Annual Stay in Circulation Community Service Award The Stay in Circulation Community Service Award recognizes collaborative programs focused on increasing awareness about peripheral arterial disease to high-risk populations, patients and/or the healthcare community. The Peripheral Arterial Disease (P.A.D.) Coalition is an international alliance of more than 80 North American and European health organizations, professional societies, government agencies and corporations united to improve the health and care of patients with P.A.D.
Florida Sterling Team Showcase PMC was named Florida state champion in the Florida Sterling Council Sterling Team Showcase. The entry included a written application, judges' interview and a live presentation. PMC’s team, called “Worst to First,” focused on the Physician Advisory Leaders (PALs) Program. The annual Sterling Conference Team Showcase provides a public forum for participative teams to demonstrate the principles and techniques of improving organizational performance through employee participation.
Gallup Great Workplace Award, based on the most rigorous workplace research ever conducted. Parrish Medical Center is among the winners because its results demonstrate one of the most productive and engaged workforces in the world.
The J.D. Power and Associates Distinguished Hospital Program.SM This distinction acknowledges a strong commitment by Parrish Medical Center to provide "An Outstanding Inpatient Experience."
PMC named a HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence™. Distinction based on PMC rank in the top five percent in the nation in clinical quality based on a new HealthGrades study, which analyzed patient outcomes at each of the nation's 5,000 nonfederal hospitals over the years 2006, 2007 and 2008. According to HealthGrades, of the more than 5,000 American hospitals only 30 total and three in Florida (Baptist Hospital of Miami, Mayo Clinic-Jacksonville and Parrish Medical Center) received both the 2010 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ and the 2009/2010 Outstanding Patient Satisfaction Award™.
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), recognized Parrish Medical Center's Endoscopy Unit as part of its program specifically dedicated to promoting quality in endoscopy, in all settings where it is practiced in the United States. Parrish Medical Center's endoscopy unit is one of only 167 endoscopy units to be granted the recognition since 2009.
Parrish Medical Center has been awarded four disease-specific certification gold seals from the Joint Commission in acute coronary syndrome, breast cancer, heart failure and stroke.
- 2009 Business of the Year presented by the Titusville Area Chamber of Commerce; recognized for exemplifying excellence in business by taking care of our employees and customers, and also by taking care of the community.
- 2009/2010 – PMC is rated among the top 10% in the nation for excellence in orthopedic surgery according to Healthgrades.com, the nation's leading independent healthcare ratings organization.
Named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2009 by Modern Healthcare business magazine; based on organizational and randomly selected employee survey results. Eight core areas were analyzed: leadership and planning; culture and communications; role satisfaction; working environment; relationship with supervisor; training and development; and pay and benefits. PMC was the only Central Florida hospital to be named for 2009.
2009/2010 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ from HealthGrades, the nation's leading independent healthcare ratings organization. PMC ranked in the top 15 percent of all eligible hospitals in patient experience, based on patient satisfaction survey results provided as part of the HCAHPS federal initiative to provide consumers with more information about hospital performance. PMC is one of only nine Florida hospitals to receive this award.
2009 Business Partner of the Year, Mims Elementary and Titusville High School, awarded by Brevard County School Board.
Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for earning ACR accreditation in all the college's voluntary, breast-imaging accreditation programs and components, in addition to the mandatory Mammography Accreditation Program.
Modern Healthcare magazine's Spirit of Excellence Award for Service winner.
2009 Business Partner of the Year, awarded by Brevard County School Board.
HeartCaring® Certified for excellence in gender-sensitive heart care by the Spirit of Women® national network.
2007/2008 Bright Ideas Award for workforce improvement from VHA Southeast for its Physician Advisory Leader (PAL) program. The Physician Advisory Leader (PAL) program at Parrish Medical Center selects physicians for a yearlong leadership curriculum that builds trust, leadership skills and relationships between physicians, board of directors and administration.
ADVANCE for Nurses newsmagazine "top hospitals" award in the magazine's second annual Readers' Choice survey for the state of Florida. PMC was the only hospital selected in any category in East-Central Florida. Voting was open to registered nurses (RNs) who ranked a selected hospital in areas that matter to nurses: quality of care, organizational culture, professional development, communication, and retention efforts. PMC scored highly for quality of care.
Central Florida's exclusive member of the Spirit of Women® Hospital Network, a coalition of healthcare providers across the United States dedicated to the highest standards of excellence in women's health, education, and community outreach.
Commissioner's Business Recognition Award, Florida Education Foundation and Florida Department of Education, for outstanding commitment to improving education.
Values Award, Community Based Care Partners of Brevard.
American Cancer Society (ACS), Florida Division's Community Education Grant Program to Address Cancer Disparities, FY 2007-08, recipient (1st in hospital in Brevard).
Global healthcare model for Sodexho Alliance, a Fortune Global 500 company that serves 310,000 clients and employs more than 330,000 people worldwide.
Parrish Healthcare Center at Port St. John, the state's first eco-friendly LEED Sliver certified outpatient facility, featuring an all-digital diagnostic environment.
2007/2008 Bright Ideas Award from VHA Southeast for exclusive outreach partnership with Radio Disney AM 990.
Cardiovascular Care expansion opened onto main hospital campus.
Parrish Heart & Health Village opened featuring all digital diagnostics, dedicated women's services and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
Health Village at Main Street PMC broke ground Spring 2008.
Discovery Award for Service Excellence from the Center for Health Design/Starizon (1st in nation).
Board votes "no taxes" for 14th year in a row.
Maintains A+ credit rating.
United Way Chairman's Award winner.
Commission on Cancer accreditation with commendation for comprehensive community cancer program.
PMC opened two more lab facility; now operating outpatient lab services at PMC, Parrish Health & Fitness, Parrish Healthcare Center at Port St. John and Parrish Heart & Health Village.
Parrish Health & Fitness Center celebrated its 10th anniversary.
Parrish Senior Consultation Center named Small Business of the Year by the Titusville Area Chamber of Commerce.
PMC consistently top ranked in the nation for clinical excellence by CMS and other quality ranking agencies.
PMC top ranked in the nation by Gallup for employee satisfaction.
PMC recognized nationally for developing healthcare best practices, including the groundbreaking Physician Advisory Leaders (PAL) initiative.
Governance Institute recognized PMC's board of directors for vision and leadership.
PMC medical professionals and executives featured speakers at national industry meetings. Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations Disease-Specific certification—Gold Seal Approved for quality and excellence.
- PMC earned Modern Healthcare's 2006 Spirit of Excellence Award for Service award. This award recognizes excellence in service and patient and resident satisfaction.
- PMC was named Business Partner of the Year by the Brevard Schools Foundation and Brevard Public Schools by two local high schools–Titusville High School and Astronaut High School.
- PMC was accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), joining approximately 1,800 similar accredited facilities across the United States and abroad.
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations awards PMC with full hospital accreditation, the highest level of accreditation under the new Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations survey process.
- PMC was named a 2006 Professional Research Corporation, Inc. (PRC) Excellence in Healthcare award winner and for the second consecutive year and was awarded top honors as a place to work by PRC. This year, Parrish Medical Center received nine out of a possible 10 awards from PRC in the following categories:
- 5-star Employee Training & Education
- 5-star Immediate Supervisor
- 5-star Total Compensation Package
- 4-star As a Place to Work
- 4-star Overall Communication
- 4-star Management's Willingness to Allow Job-Related Decisions
- 4-star Leadership Team
- 4-star Teamwork Between Departments
- 4-star Teamwork within Departments
- PMC was voted America's #1 Healing Hospital--2005 by the Board of Trustees of the Baptist Healing Trust in Nashville, TN. PMC was nationally recognized for its excellence in establishing loving care. Read the news release here.
- Congestive Heart Failure Program earns prestigious Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations Disease-Specific certification—Gold Seal Approved for quality and excellence.
- Discovery Award (2005) - Healthcare Design Magazine and Starizon, a forward thinking organization devoted to advocating exceptional customer experiences for numerous industries, selected Parrish Medical Center as the very first Discovery Award recipient.
- PMC one of only three hospitals in the nation selected to work with the Baptist Healing Hospital Trust. The Trust works only with select hospitals that have demonstrated success and commitment to healing healthcare in America (2005).
- PMC partners with international service giant Sodexho to develop the "Sodexho/PMC Patient Experience Initiative." The goal is to create a program that can be adopted by hospitals around the world to create one-of-a-kind, exceptional patient experiences (2005).
- PMC among first few select Florida providers to participate with H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in a groundbreaking clinical trial that will involve micro-array analysis of tissue samples from patients with colon cancer (2005).
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accreditation (since 2003) ["Comprehensive Community Cancer Program" designation, 2005].
- Parrish Medical Center Laboratory is 1st Runner Up for 2005 Medical Laboratory of the Year Award
- The Parrish Medical Center (PMC) Diabetes Self-Management Education Program has been awarded continued Recognition from the American Diabetes Association (since 1998).
- Parrish Medical Center (PMC) was awarded top honors as a place to work by its employees and Professional Research Corporation, Inc. (PRC). PMC received 9 out of a possible 10 awards in the following categories:
- 5-Star Communication
- 5-Star Immediate Supervisor
- 5-Star Teamwork Between Departments
- 5-Star Teamwork Within Departments
- 4-Star Total Compensation Package
- 4-Star Employee Empowerment
- 4-Star Patient Care
- 4-Star Employee Training & Education
- 4-Star Executive Leadership
- Two Overall Top Performer Awards for Teamwork Between Departments and Teamwork Within Departments.
- Parrish Medical Center earns 5-Star rating for Home Health. Professional Research Consultants, Inc. (PRC) a full-service marketing research and consulting firm based in Omaha, Nebraska, has awarded Parrish Home Health with the 5-Star Home Health Facility award.
- Certified Primary Stroke Center (2004). First in Central Florida and third in the state to earn stroke certification from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- "Aster Awards." PMC Image Advertising Campaign, recognized as among the best of the nation's healthcare marketing (2004).
- "Healthcare Advertising Awards", Image Advertising Campaign and Pebble Project, recognized as being among the best of the nation's healthcare marketing professionals (2004).
- "Keep Brevard Beautiful Award", landscaping maintenance and beautification, (2004).
- Professional Research Consultants, Inc. awarded PMC two, "4-Star Customer Service Awards" [ER and Inpatient services for overall quality of care] and the "Top Performer Award" [housekeeping staff for overall cleanliness], (2004).
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) approved provider of continuing medical education (CME) for physicians (2003).
- Agency for Health Care Administration. (AHCA) accreditation of Parrish Home Health (2003).
- Florida Medical Quality Assurance Continuous Quality Improvement Certificate, (2003-2005).
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accreditation (Since 2003).
- Central Florida Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc., "Excellence in Construction" award for PMC's replacement hospital (2003).
- Florida Public Relations Association "Image Award," Women's Heart Advantage and Pebble Poster, earned recognition for exceptional marketing (2003).
- "Health Care Provider of Year Award" for The Children's Center, a service of PMC (2003).
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute credentialed research site (2003).
- Mature Market Resource Center awarded Parrish Health & Fitness Center first place honors as the most creative National Senior Health & Fitness Day event (2003).
- Pebble Project Partner, Center for Healthcare Design (2003).
- SIFT "Excellence in Supporting Education" Award (2003).
- Titusville Area Chamber Partner in the Business of Education "Crystal Apple" Award (2003).
- VHA's Tomorrow's Work Force Certificate of Achievement in recognition of PMC's pursuit of health care work force excellence (2003).
- United Way of Brevard "Achievement Award" (2002).
- Nova 7 "Certificate of Excellence" from Fitness Magazine for facility design, construction and decoration of the Parrish Health & Fitness Center.
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) accreditation.
- "Jean Byers Memorial Award" for Excellence in Cancer Registry (since 2001).
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations accreditation.
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute affiliation (2001).
- FLORIDA TODAY "Reaching Out Award," Jess Parrish Medical Foundation (2001).
- Florida Hospital affiliation (2001).
- College of American Pathology (CAP) certification.
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Mammography Accreditation.
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Accreditation.
- American Diabetes Association Education Recognition Certificate for a Quality Diabetes Self-Management Education Program (2001).
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) "Honorable Mention" during the 10th Annual ASHE Vista Awards.
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) accreditation (since 1991).
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) certifications (since 2002).
- American Cancer Society
- Relay for Life Recognition Award for the team who raised the most money, three consecutive years (since 2001)
- Relay for Life Recognition Award for the team spirit award & best decorated campsite (2002).